Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mu Shu with Baked Teriyaki Tofu and Rice Paper Wraps

Tonight we made mu shu wraps with teriyaki tofu, based on this recipe: http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/10240

We both really enjoyed them.  I'm not sure I'd do anything different next time.  The recipe says it serves 6.  We finished off the whole pan, but we also had only 2 cups cabbage, and not 6.

I made baked tofu earlier in the day by slicing a block of tofu into squares, pressing it, and then marinating in teriyaki sauce for about 1/2 hour.  I then baked it at 375 for about 45 minutes, turning about every 15 minutes.

1. Rehydrate 1 package shiitake mushrooms.  The package I found was about 4 oz of already-sliced mushroom pieces.

2. Scramble 3 eggs in large pan.  Remove from pan and set aside.

3. Saute mushrooms and garlic in oil.  Add about 2 cups shredded carrots and cabbage (leftover from making coleslaw awhile ago, conveniently).  I added several spoonfuls of the mushroom-rehydrating water to help the cabbage cook.

4. Add teriyaki tofu (about 3/4 a block, baked), cut in matchsticks, and 3 sliced green onions.  Cook until warmed through.  Remove from heat and stir in the eggs.

5.  We served the mu shu with rice paper wraps, rehydrating the wraps as we ate.  No hoisin because I couldn't find any gluten free variety, but I don't really think it needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment