Monday, January 11, 2010

Tuna & White Bean and Herbed Egg Salads

In an effort to be better about taking my lunch to work, I made up a little tuna and white bean salad. I didn’t follow a recipe, but just tasted as I went.

1 stalk celery, diced

about ¼ med. red onion, diced small

1 can white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained

1 can tuna, drained

fresh dill, chopped

squeeze of ½ lemon

small spoonful of yogurt and mayo

salt and pepper, to taste

Herbed egg salad was a recipe from the NYTimes “Recipe for Health” section. It wasn’t far off from how I normally make egg salad, but had more dill and parsley added, as well as plain yogurt. No picture of this either, although, curiously, my version had many more visible herbs in it than the picture from the paper. Delicious for breakfast on a toasted English muffin.

Herbed Egg Salad Recipe

No photos taken (which is okay, it wasn’t much to look at).

No comments:

Post a Comment